Linggo, Pebrero 3, 2013

beautiful thing


         Okay, it's 10 o'clock in the evening and I've been sitting on this chair for almost three hours now thinking what to write but nothings come up yet. 
I love to write but ever since I worked as a finance officer, I suddenly forgot the feeling of writing a story. A feeling that makes you forget reality for awhile and somehow takes you on a ride that you can enjoy. 
I tried to write a few novels but I can't seem to find the perfect ending. 
I remember Andrea, -- My Best friend-- told me when I visited her in Seattle a few months ago, "You should not stop writing. Never stop on something you're passionate about." I sighed thinking how she could say it as if that's the easiest thing in the world. I guess I lost the moment when a story pops up in my head unexpectedly. Like when I'm drinking a coffee in a shop one afternoon, or while taking a bath, or riding a bus. 
My phone beeps and I took out my blackberry from my purse. I got an email from Andrea. 

Dear Em, 
I would like to inform you that your dear best friend is getting married and I wouldn't want my made of honour to miss my engagement party this Saturday. See you, 

- A xoxo

Engaged? To who? I think she forgot to mention that. Maybe she wants to keep it as surprise... I know her too well. 
I shrugged it off and decided to call it a night. 

Friday afternoon, I'm about to leave the office feeling all gloomy about my itinerary today.  I am going to the mall to buy a dress for Andrea's engagement party tomorrow.  She'll kill me If I showed up looking like I'm going to camp. 
"Bye, Em!" Sophie greeted when I passed by the reception area. Sophie Harper is the most cheerful blonde I have ever met. No wonder she got the job as a receptionist. I waved goodbye and smiled. 

I rode my favourite car in the world, my Volkswagen named Bernie. Inspired by a Lindsay Lohan movie. Bill gave it to me when I graduated from college. My dad, Bill, who died 2 weeks after that. 

The moment I arrived at the mall, I sighed thinking If I could manage to find a dress that Andrea will approve. I'm not good with choosing the right dress or clothes for myself. As long as I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing, I'm good to go even if a fashion police arrest me for a serious crime of ruining the world of fashion. 
I walked towards the entrance of the mall and saw a group photographers, I think with their cameras hanging from their necks, looking around and glancing their watches as if waiting for someone or maybe something. 

As I passed by them, I overheard one of the photographers say "He's gotta be here!" while checking the lens of his camera. I ignored them and focus on my goal today. 
Walking pass all the beautiful shops with beautiful dresses to offer, I finally saw a sign hanging on one of the shops which looks like a very expensive shop to start with. Anyway  I walked inside and started to browse every shelf in hopes to find a perfect dress. A sales lady approached me and looked at me from head to foot. I blushed a little, feeling a little embarrassed which makes no sense at all. "Can I help you?" she asked. "Umm.. " I tried  to look like I have money to buy everything in this store and hopefully I was able to do that externally. "I want to buy a dress for my friends engagement party." She was silent for a moment, maybe thinking if there"s any thing here that could look pretty on me.  "Okay. Let me help you with that." she turned around and started to to be cheerful as she adore every dress she showed me. This is her passion. I envy her. 
She gave me 3 dresses and said that I should try them all. I do as I'm told. 

I looked for an open fitting room and its the one in the middle. I hang the three dresses and started to take off my shirt and jeans. I tried the first dress, it has the colour jade, V neck, sleeveless, and it has a beautiful braid-like ribbon underneath the breast line. It hangs perfectly from my waist and I love the feel of the dress on my body. 
"Have you tried to fit any of the dress? can you come out so I can see if it fits you?" The sales lady said. 
Ugh. I peeked outside.. Good. No people inside the shop except me and the lady waiting for me with an impatient look. 
I sighed then stepped out of the fitting room. I'm afraid to look at the sales person and afraid to look at myself in the mirror. 

"Hmm." she hummed. "You can see yourself in the mirror." I opened my eyes and faced the mirror on my right. As I stared at myself in the mirror, the lady who looked impatient awhile ago smiled as she stood behind me and untangled my hair from my pony-tail. I tried to stop her but she gave a cold look so I gave up and let her untie my horrible black wavy hair. As my hair falls to my face, I stared at the woman in front of me. Pale as ever but her cheeks has a little bit of pink and her hazel eyes shed more colour. This was a rare moment for me. I stood frozen in front of the mirror feeling all mushy and excited to show up looking like this at Andrea's engagement party. 
The sales lady cleared her throat "I'll leave you for a moment..". She left me staring at myself in the mirror. I look presentable and... pretty. I blushed. 

"hmm..." I jumped and turned around and saw this man looking at me. His arms are crossed on his chest and he's smiling... at me. 
"I must say, How lovely that dress is... specially the one wearing it." He commented. I blushed apple red and felt like I'm about to melt from where I'm standing. This man, this tall, beautiful man just said what? 
He suddenly frowned as if he heard something and slightly glanced back and look back at me.     
He moved towards me and dragged me inside one of the fitting room. He puts his finger on his lips as if telling me to be quiet. 
I know I have to run or scream or something. I don't know this man but still, as he stood in front of me, I couldn't move. I stared at his features, he's wearing a white t-shirt partnered with a back suit and jeans. He's wearing a black sunglass, hair a little messy but looks so soft and I bet it smells nice, his nose is perfectly sculptured and his lips.. um.. hmm.. kissable. I blushed again. He looks like a perfect prince. I looked back at his lips, his lips part just a little then close and his lips curved into a smirk. 
"Sir?" A husky voice whispered from outside.  
"I'm in here." He announced as he stepped outside the fitting room.  "Everything clear?" I followed him outside the fitting room and saw this huge man standing in front of him. I think it his body guard. Who is this? Why does he need a bodyguard? maybe he is some kind of a rich kid. 
"Everything clear sir. We have lost them" the body guard said and he turned to look at me. I blushed again feeling like I was caught drooling over his master. Which I'm not. His master turned to face me and smiled. "I apologize for that miss....?" I think he's waiting for my name. I cleared my throat slightly and finally found my voice "Emilia" I said. He smiled "Thank you Miss Emilia. It's a pleasure meeting you."He slightly bowed his head and it felt like I'm in one of those British old movie. I managed to smile. 
Then they left. 
The sales lady appeared and asked if I'm going to take the dress. I looked at the price tag and suddenly there's a switch that bought me back to reality. 

I drop to my couch feeling dog-tired. I took off my boots and let the paper bag with the dress I bought, fall to the ground. So I manage to buy a $50 dress and It's not bad although I'm still dreading over that jade dress. I mean, that's $100. How can I even afford that. 
My phone beeps and its an email from Andrea, 

Hi Em, 
excited to see you tomorrow. 

Love, A. 

I replied back, 

Hey A, 

same here. miss you. 

- Em. 

I sighed thinking how lucky Andrea is. She finally found her prince. I feel so tired and a little disappointed because I can't afford that dress and for the first time ever, I wanted something that I looked good at because He said so.

(To be continued...)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento